Top Port Stephens Outdoor Activities
Nature and Wildlife Tours
When are you travelling?
Time of Day
7 results | All Port Stephens Tours
Stockton Beach in Port Stephens is part of the Worimi National Park and renowned for its towering white sand dunes. On this tour, enjoy round-trip transport to the dunes by 4WD and spend as long as you like sandboarding with an unlimited pass. Shuttle buses leave regularly so you can arrive and leave at a time that suits you.
Port Stephens 4WD Beach Sand Dune Adventure
Experience the thrill of 4x4 driving across the beach and sand dunes on this adrenaline-inducing discovery tour around Port Stephens. Your tour starts at Anna Bay—an hour north of Newcastle—where you’ll hop in your funky 4WD truck and head down to Birubi beach before exploring the Stockton Sand Dunes. After hitting the dunes in your 4WD, you’ll have a chance to speed down the towering dunes on sandboards, before heading back to the start point.
Port Stephens Day Trip with Dolphin Watch Cruise from Sydney
Combine three exhilarating activities into one tour on this full-day adventure from Sydney to Port Stephens. First, set sail across Nelson Bay to spot bottlenose dolphins or whales (depending on the season) swimming and playing in their natural environment. Then, head to Stockton Beach where you can choose to upgrade on a thrilling 4WD tour around the Stockton Dunes (payable direct), followed by the chance to zoom down the dunes on a sandboard. Finally, enjoy free time to swim, sunbathe and stroll along the sands.
Port Stephens Bush, Beach and Sand Dune 4WD Passenger Tour
Venture off-road in a 4WD and explore the wild bushlands, beautiful beaches, and dramatic sand dunes of Port Stephens. On this tour, drive through wildflower meadows and look out for koalas in the Tomaree National Park; visit beaches include Samurai, Little Rocky, and Birubi; and zip up the sand dunes for a magnificent view along the coast.
Port Stephens Bush, Beach and Sand Dune 4WD Tag-Along Tour
Bring your own 4WD and explore the wild bushlands, beautiful beaches, and dramatic sand dunes of Port Stephens. On this tag-along tour, follow your guide through wildflower meadows and look out for koalas in the Tomaree National Park; visit beaches include Samurai, Little Rocky, and Birubi; and zip up the sand dunes for a magnificent view along the coast.
Port Stephens Unlimited Sandboarding and Sand Surfing
Unique and fun activity in a stunning sand dune landscape. Suitable for all ages and abilities. We are a small family business that takes pride in being only sand dune business in Port Stephens that provides both sit down and stand up options, with strapped boards for standing. Instruction, Supervision, Shade , tables and chairs provided at the Sandboarding location to provide a premium experience for our customers. You can stay and play as long as you like, most people spend 1-2 hours.
Private Equine Encounters in Eagleton
The Urban Connection property is set amongst 87 acres of natural bushland. Connect, laugh and learn about yourself with our beautiful horses. Take in the natural bushland, creeks and grassy paddocks that this beautiful natural environment has to offer. We do not ride the horses, rather in teams of 2-4 you will work with your equine teammate through several obstacles. Each course is different and poses new challenges. You will learn some horsemanship and how to work with your horse, understand his communication and adjust according to his needs. As the facilitator, I am there to help participants understand these moments and relate them back to their everyday lives. Programs are fun and light hearted, with a personal touch, they are great for creating a strong connection with your self and others. Groups are kept small for a truly unique and personal experience (max 8 people per session). This is a private event.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Outdoor Activities in Port Stephens?
The best Outdoor Activities in Port Stephens according to Viator travellers are:
What Outdoor Activities in Port Stephens are taking additional safety precautions?
These Port Stephens experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Outdoor Activities in Port Stephens are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Port Stephens may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Australia
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- Molokini Crater
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Na Pali Coast
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
- Tower of London
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets