The best way to experience Boat Quay is to enjoy a bite to eat or a drink at one of the many restaurants and bars here, many of which offer open-air terraces and terrific city views. As a popular tourist destination, many sightseeing tours include a stop here. Opt for a hop-on hop-off bus tour to see top city highlights at your leisure. For a different perspective, take a cruise along the Singapore River and around the bay, or join a nighttime street food and nightlife tour.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Boat Quay is ideal for foodies and nightlife enthusiasts.
- Don’t forget your camera; Boat Quay offers many colorful buildings and wonderful views of the Singapore skyline.
- Touts can be fairly aggressive trying to get customers into their restaurants and bars.
How to Get There
Boat Quay is located within Singapore’s central business district, and stretches from UOB Centre to Elgin Bridge. It’s easily accessible from downtown Singapore. The Raffles Place, Telok Ayer, and Clarke Quay MRT stations all provide close access to Boat Quay.
When to Get There
Boat Quay is one of Singapore’s most popular nightlife districts, so nighttime is an ideal time to visit. Restaurants typically open until 11pm, while many bars and clubs will stay open later. For a more complete experience, visit during the day, then come back at night after a day of sightseeing.
What to Eat at Boat Quay
Boat Quay is well known for its seafood restaurants, many of which have tanks outside where customers can pick out the seafood they want cooked up. Besides seafood, there are restaurants serving an array of cuisines along the quay. Diners can find everything from other Asian cuisines such as Japanese, Korean, and Indian to Italian, Turkish, Australian, and more.
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Indonesia
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast