Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan)
Visit Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan) as part of a Singapore sightseeing tour, which come in a variety of forms. Get an intimate glimpse into the Kampong Glam district—also home to Arab Street and the Malay Heritage Center—on a walking tour or combine a peek inside the mosque with Muslim-Malay delicacies on a food focused tour. Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan) offers guided tours of the mosque interior in English, Malay, Chinese, and Japanese; check the website for details of tour timings.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan) is a must-visit for Muslim travelers and those interested in religious architecture.
- As the mosque is a functioning place of worship, visitors must wear modest clothing that covers the head, shoulders, and knees.
- The mosque is accessible to travelers in both wheelchairs and with strollers.
How to Get There
The mosque is located at 3 Muscat Street, in the heart of Kampong Glam. The closest metro station is Bugis, on the blue Downtown line, which is a 6-minute walk from Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan). You can also disembark at Nicoll Highway MRT station, a 10-minute walk from the mosque.
When to Get There
The mosque is open daily from 9am-1pm and 2pm-4pm. The best time to visit the mosque is over Muslim holidays such as Ramadan, during which Sultan Mosque serves as centerpiece for the celebrations.
Highlights of Kampong Glam
In addition to Sultan Mosque (Masjid Sultan), Kampong Glam, Singapore’s Arabic district, hosts a wealth of wonders. Most notable are Arab Street, which is packed full of fabric shops and restaurants that specialize in curry, and Muscat Street, lined with Middle Eastern-style restaurants with tiled seating areas and menus brimming with falafel. In nearby Bugis, trendy Haji Lane is renowned for its street art and cool cafes.
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Indonesia
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast