Strahan Tours, Tickets & Excursions
When are you travelling?
On the Water
Cruises & Sailing
How to Get Around
Private and Luxury
Tours by Duration
Time of Day
Gordon River Cruise departing from Strahan
Soak up the serene beauty of western Tasmania on a morning cruise from Strahan to the Gordon River. Pass by natural landmarks such as Hells Gates, which marks the entrance to Macquarie Harbour from the Southern Ocean, and explore a former penal colony on Sarah Island as you journey through the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. Select a seating category when booking.
Morning World Heritage Cruise on the Gordon River from Strahan
Immerse yourself in the natural wonders and eventful history of Tasmania on a 6-hour boat tour from Strahan. The first-class catamaran ensures comfort from beginning to end. Cruise through Hell’s Gates, then enjoy a guided visit on Sarah Island, which once housed the island’s most notorious penal settlement. Enjoy a buffet lunch on board the ship, then continue your adventure with a boardwalk tour through the UNESCO listed Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park.
Afternoon Gordon River Dinner Cruise
Hop aboard a 115-foot (35-meter) catamaran and explore the natural and historic beauty of Tasmania's West Coast. Cruise down the Gordon River where you’ll disembark for a stroll through the rainforest and discover the UNESCO World Heritage-listed South West Wilderness. Plus, enjoy a buffet meal featuring locally raised smoked salmon as part of the cruise.
What people are saying about Strahan Tours
Gordon River Cruise departing from Strahan"Lovely boat, lovely staff, lovely food and fantastic destinations and scenery. Great commentary and recommend you take the guided tour on Sarah Island. Fabulous care taken of the environment visited. Thoroughly recommend this tour. Well worth the effort to get to it."..."
Morning World Heritage Cruise on the Gordon River from Strahan"Friendly crew. Informative. Relaxing. Sarah Island interesting. Morning tea and lunch delicious. Very enjoyable"..."
Afternoon Gordon River Dinner Cruise"What an amazing and informative experience. Thank you for including an acknowledgement of Country and for including history around First Nations pees."..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best tours in Strahan?
The best tours in Strahan according to Viator travellers are:
What tours in Strahan are taking additional safety precautions?
These Strahan experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Ellis Island
- Great Barrier Reef
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets