With themed boat rides, parades, character meet-and-greets, restaurants and souvenir stores all centered around Sanrio favorites like Hello Kitty, Gudetama and My Melody, Sanrio Puroland takes visitors through the pastel-colored world of these beloved hyper-cute characters. Take a tour of Hello Kitty’s house, watch a live performance or parade, ring the Hello Kitty Bell of Happiness and stock up on a host of souvenir goodies, from stationery to clothing.
Things to know before you go
- Consider purchasing tickets in advance to save waiting in line.
- Children under 2 years old can visit for free.
- The attractions at Sanrio Puroland are most suitable for younger children (or die-hard Hello Kitty fans!).
- The theme park is wheelchair accessible.
- The theme park is indoors, so makes a great rainy-day activity.
How to get there
Sanrio Puroland is located in Tama Center, 25 miles (40 kilometers) west of Tokyo. While there is parking on site, the parking lot can get busy, especially on weekends or holidays. Taking the train from Tokyo Shinjuku Station on the JR Keio Line (a 30-minute journey), is the easiest way to get here.
When to get there
Sanrio Puroland is open all year round. It closes on some weekends during fall and winter, so check before visiting to make sure it’s open. Shows and parades featuring the Sanrio characters are held every day the park is open.
Visit Disneyland® Tokyo
For the chance to see more of your favorite cuddly characters, book a trip to Disneyland Tokyo. From Cinderella’s Castle to Space Mountain and the ever-popular Pirates of the Caribbean ride, you’ll find lots of familiar names here. There are several day trips available to visit the park from Tokyo, which include entry passes and round-trip transport for a stress-free visit.
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Narita
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture
- Tama Zoological Park
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum
- Ghibli Museum
- Inokashira Park
- Mt. Takao Cable Car
- Tokyo Camii & Turkish Culture Center
- Japanese Sword Museum (Token Hakubutsukan)
- Yoyogi Park (Yoyogi Koen)
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office (TMG)
- Sky Circus Sunshine60 Observatory
- Jindai Botanical Gardens
- Oedo Onsen Monogatari
- Thunder Gate (Kaminarimon)