Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Ronald Reagan Washington is one of three major airports in the Washington, D.C., region. A hub for American Airlines, DCA has plenty of domestic flight options here, including nonstop travel to 100 locations within the United States and a handful of destinations in Canada and the Bahamas.
Located just across the Pomatic River in Arlington, Virginia, Ronald Reagan Washington—named after the 40th president of the United States—is a mere 3.4 miles (5.5 kilometers) from Washington, D.C. That makes arriving in and departing from the capital a cinch: Dupont Circle is less than 20 minutes away by car, and the airport is even reachable by the city’s metro. For the ultimate hassle-free experience, consider booking a round-trip airport transfer that offers door-to-door hotel pickup and drop-off.
Things to know before you go
- Air Canada, Frontier, and Southwest are located in Terminal 1, while Alaska, Delta, United, American, and JetBlue are in Terminal 2.
- You’ll find plenty of pre- and post-security dining options, including vegetarian and gluten-free options. Travelers in a rush can order meals using their smartphones and enjoy a contactless pickup on arrival.
- Designated parking spaces are reserved for travelers with disabilities on both parking levels near the elevators and the Terminal 1 and 2 walkways. Free parking shuttles are accessible to people using wheelchairs.
- Head to the Historic Terminal A to check out a roster of rotating temporary art exhibits at the Gallery Walk, including two- and three-dimensional works by artists from the Baltimore-Washington area.
- The airport is equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and offers free nursing stations, pet relief zones, smartphone charging stations, and a kids’ play area.
How to get there
Ride-sharing services are available from select pickup zones outside both terminals, while personal vehicles can pick up passengers curbside. Blue Line trains on the Metrorail system connect Terminal 2 to stops in Washington, D.C., Virginia, and Maryland (for Terminal 1, you can continue via the airport shuttle). Rental car counters are also available on the ground floor of Parking 1.
- Things to do in Williamsburg
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Virginia
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York
- National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
- East Potomac Park
- U.S. Air Force Memorial
- Tidal Basin
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- Nationals Park
- International Spy Museum
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- The Pentagon
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Potomac River
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- National Museum of African Art