Bruton Parish Episcopal Church
Explore the church on a guided tour with a volunteer/church member for a historical interpretation of the building. Or, undertake a self-guided tour of the Bruton Parish Churchyard to see tombs dating back to the 17th century. All visitors are welcome to join a service or attend a performance of the Candlelit Concert series. Find the Parish House—home to the Bruton Parish Heritage Center, Hennage Library, and Bruton Parish Gift Shop—down the street.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The church is an active place of worship, so please be respectful during your visit.
- It’s free to enter the church, but a small donation is suggested. Photographs are allowed on visits, but not during services or concerts.
- The church is wheelchair accessible; use the Palace Green entrance.
- Public restrooms are not available at the church but can be found at the Parish House.
How to Get There
The church is located on Duke of Gloucester Street in the Colonial Williamsburg historic area. Take I-64 and get off at exit 238.
Parking is permitted in front of the church on Sunday and for special events, including concerts. Parking is also available behind the Parish House.
When to Get There
The church is open to visitors, Monday to Saturday from morning until mid-afternoon, and on Sundays in the afternoon. It is closed to touring for weekday services, weddings, funerals, and other special events. Concerts are held at 8pm every Saturday throughout the year and on most Tuesdays and Thursdays from March through December.
In a tradition that started in the 18th century, the church hosts more than 120 recitals and concert programs a year as part of its Candlelit Concert Series. The program includes organ and harpsichord recitals by church musicians as well as performances from choral and instrumental groups from all over the country and the world. All performances are free, with a freewill offering taken.
- Things to do in Virginia
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York