While summer in Seoul can be hot and humid, it’s also one of the busiest times of year for festivals, outdoor concerts, and recreational opportunities. Here are a few ways to beat the heat and experience the South Korean capital in summer.
- See the city’s top attractions aboard the open-air (and air-conditioned) hop-on hop-off bus.
- Spice up a summer night on a street-food walking tour.
- Stretch your legs with a guided hike on Mt. Bukhan.
- Enjoy the air-conditioning inside one of Seoul’s top museums, such as the National Museum of Korea, National Folk Museum, or Trickeye Museum.
- Give yourself the chills while exploring the city’s darker side during an evening ghost tour.
- Beat the heat when you skate, sled, and play in the snow at an indoor snow park.
- Take a day trip to the beaches of Busan.
- Cruise along the Han River to see the city from the water.
- Spend the day enjoying one of the world’s largest indoor amusement parks, Lotte World.