- Day trip to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua
- Get an up-close look at the active volcano as you hike to the top of Pacaya with your expert guide
- Admire picturesque views of the Fuego, Agua and Acatenango volcanoes
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Start your day with an 8am pickup from your Antigua hotel, taking a 15 mile (25km) drive southeast to the base of this lumbering giant. Upon reaching the base, you’ll begin a 2.5-hour climb to the peak with your guide, learning about the history of this unique volcano and the vegetation that thrives in this strange environment. A mild walk brings you the lagoon of Calderas, where you can take in the amazing views of three nearby volcanoes, including Agua, Fuego and Acatenango.
Then continue on towards a plateau in the trail, a vantage point from which you’ll be able to observe the main crater along with stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Due to safety concerns, you won’t venture all the way to the volcano’s crater, but you will have the chance to see glistening lava and a series of steam baths created by its heat.
Take a few moments to revel in the incredible views from up high before beginning your descent back down to the base and then back to Antigua for a drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The air is so thin and it gets very steep at the end." See review