Explore our promoted experiences
- River cruise from Southbank, Brisbane to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Explore Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the world's first and largest koala sanctuary
- Glimpse the elusive platypus that live at the Platypus House
- Keep an eye out for the wild lorikeets (Australian parrot) that come to feed at Lone Pine
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The pontoon is located on the riverside boardwalk, just outside the Art Gallery/Gallery of Modern Art Cultural precinct, Southbank.
What To Expect
Arrive at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and enjoy plenty of time to explore on your own.
More than 130 koala bears reside at Lone Pine—the world’s largest koala sanctuary. Plus, you have the chance to visit the Platypus House to observe the elusive platypus.
The Birds of Prey show features owls, kites, and sea eagles, and colorful wild lorikeets fly in for feedings. Keep an eye out for Eastern Water Dragons—a lizard that grows up to three feet (90cm) long. Admire the working dogs at the sheepdog show as they round up sheep while responding to their master’s whistles, calls, and hand signals.
Meals are available for purchase on the river cruise and at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary's cafe (own expense). After discovering Lone Pine, return to your boat for the cruise back to Southbank where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair: Cruise is accessible however Lone Pine has a set of 28 steps to climb from the jetty to the entrance
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- No health restrictions apply to this tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travellers
- OPERATED BY Mirimar Cruises
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The food at the sanctuary cafe is really basic, so don't expect much." See review
- "You can get a picture with one, (not holding them) but with your camera and there was no charge." See review
- "If you get hungry or thirsty along the way they have a cafe inside the boat to get soft drinks, beer, snacks, or even a whole meal." See review