Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day 4WD tour to Moreton Island with expert guide, from Brisbane or the Gold Coast
- Paddle over the reef in a transparent kayak or bodyboard to observe the underwater world from above
- Get adrenaline-fueled thrills while sandboarding down the dunes
- Includes picnic lunch, use of snorkeling equipment, kayaks, bodyboards, and safety gear
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departs 7:00am from Brisbane Coach Terminal, located on Parkland Crescent, adjacent to Platform 10 of Roma Street Train Station, Brisbane.
Departs 5:45am from Mantra On View Hotel (loading zone in front of main entrance), 22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast.
Also known as the MiCat Ferry. Limited paid carpark available on-site. Please meet the Driver Guides at the sheltered waiting area next to the carpark near the ferry by 7:45am. Do not board the ferry before checking in with the Guides.
What To Expect
Moreton Island is the third-largest sand island in the world. Travel by sturdy 4WD-vehicle along the sandy beach to Tangalooma Wrecks where you have a choice of activities. Snorkel with your guide among the Tangalooma Wrecks, 15 ships that were purposely scuttled to create a break wall, now inhabited by colorful corals, tropical fish, sea turtles, and other critters. Alternatively, use provided transparent bodyboards to take a look at the reef, or stay dry and enjoy the beach.
Refuel with a picnic lunch served on the beach, then hop into a transparent kayak and follow your guide on a tour of the Tangalooma Wrecks, watching an array of fish swim underneath your kayak.
Swap the sea for the sand as your guide steers your 4WD inland to reach the sand dunes. There, try sandboarding, an exhilarating sport that is comparable to tobogganing. Some people can reach speeds of up to 30 miles per hour (50 kph) while zipping down the dunes.
If time allows after sandboarding, return to Tangalooma Beach for a swim before reboarding the ferry. Your tour ends with return to your starting point in Brisbane or the Gold Coast in the evening.
(Please note: if conditions are unfavorable for snorkeling and kayaking, a 4WD island tour will be substituted).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- National park and ferry fees AU$50 (per adult) / AU$35 (per child 13 years & under) must be paid in CASH to the driver upon departure
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This tour is not suitable for young infants under 4 years old
- Please bring towel, swimwear, sunscreen & hat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
- OPERATED BY Australian Sunset Safaris
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons