Explore our promoted experiences
- Guided kayak and snorkel tour of Hanalei River and Bay Reef Lagoon
- Kayak down the Hanalei River surrounded by lush greenery
- Snorkel in the pristine turquoise waters of Bay Reef Lagoon and see the tropical fish
- Enjoy spectacular views of Makana Peak as you kayak in Hanalei Bay
Departure & Return
Guest will meet at the Wailua River Marina store location at 8:00 am.
What To Expect
After approximately 45 minutes of kayaking, disembark on the shores of beautiful Hanalei Bay and recharge with a snack break. Admire spectacular views of the bay, made famous by the 1958 film South Pacific, and learn about ancient Hawaiian fire-throwing ceremonies conducted from the dramatic Makana Peak.
Slip on a snorkeling mask and fins, and then dive into the warm turquoise waters of Hanalei’s Bay Reef Lagoon. Explore underwater reef formations and be on the lookout for Hawaiian marine life such as brilliant tropical fish and sea turtles. You’ll also have a chance to ride the gentle waves of the bay on a sea kayak if you like. Finish your 5-hour tour with another short kayak ride and a drive back to the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring the following items: sun protection, light shirt, bathing suit, footwear for the beach (tabis, aqua socks or tennis shoes), towel and change of clothes
- Please include your choice of lunch: Ham, Turkey, Veggie or Peanut butter jelly
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Guests much be comfortable in the ocean. Smaller waves during certain times of the year.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
- OPERATED BY DBA: Kayak Kauai
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms