- Cook and eat with a Costa Rican family in their home
- Learn how to make authentic Costa Rican dishes
- Eat a delicious Costa Rican dinner with your new local friends
- Visit a garden and pick vegetables for a fresh salad
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
To get started, you'll try your hand at mixing a delicious tropical Costa Rican cocktail we call the “Kiss of the Cacique!” You will then start the cooking process of a traditional Costa Rican “Casado.” Get ready to chop as you learn how to cook up some Tico-style "picadillos," tortillas and "guisados" for a delicious traditional sit-down meal and plenty of captivating conversation.
After dinner, relax with a cup of coffee, share some recipes and head back to your hotel to dream about the scrumptious food you'll hopefully recreate back home! This is the perfect, interactive Costa Rican Cooking class.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know if you have any allergies or food restrictions. We have options for gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, etc,
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
- OPERATED BY Desafio Adventure Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms