- Full-day trip to Arenal Volcano and Baldi Hot Springs from Guanacaste
- Hike in the rain forest at Arenal Volcano National Park in Costa Rica
- Take in stunning views of the active volcano
- Soak in rejuvenating hot springs during a relaxing afternoon
- Learn about the tropical landscape from your knowledgeable local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off plus breakfast and lunch included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Trek across open expanses of lava fields formed from previous eruptions and learn about the geologic history of this seismic wonder. Make your way through the lush greenery of the surrounding forest, where your guide will help you spot interesting plant species and native wildlife. Admire panoramic views of the volcano from a distance, and look for signs of activity shooting out of its crater.
Relax after your hike with a therapeutic soak at nearby Baldi Hot Springs. This family-friendly spa boasts 25 thermal pools of varying temperatures surrounded by beautiful tropical scenery. There’s something for everyone, including a swim-up bar, waterfall pools, a kids’ area with a splash zone and several exciting water slides. When hunger strikes, enjoy lunch (included) at the on-site restaurant. As dusk falls over Arenal, take in an enchanted atmosphere of steamy pools and emerging stars with views of the volcano in the distance.
Bask in your relaxed, blissful state on the ride back to your Guanacaste area hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Note: please wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes. Please bring a swimsuit for the hot springs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
- OPERATED BY Central American Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms