- Tour narrated as you fly—learn about the history and construction of hydroelectric stations and the Welland Canal
- This small-group family friendly tour ensures a window seat for every passenger—no worries about whether you’ll be able to take photos
- Fly over Niagara Falls at 1,900 feet—the closest you can fly, thanks to special government permitting
Departure & Return
Niagara District Airport 468 Niagara Stone Rd. Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- NOTE: If you cannot go flying on the date booked we will refund you 100%, up to the last minute. No 24 hours cancellation policy, as the weather changes hourly. You want to go flying, and we want to take you flying!
- Weight Restriction - total passenger(s) combined weight not to exceed 550 lbs / 250 Kg.
- Viator does NOT collect taxes and airport fees. These clearly advertised 'local' fees and taxes are billed separately by the supplier Niagara Falls Air Tours Inc.
- Airport Improvement Fee - $15 per passenger
- 13% HST Harmonized Sales Tax - $12.94 per passenger
- Fuel Supplement - $30 per passenger
- The narration during the flight is available but not guaranteed in English, French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Korean
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travellers
- OPERATED BY Niagara Falls Air Tours Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms