- View beaches on Oahu’s North Shore, including Waimea Bay, famous for big-wave surfing since the 1960s
- Learn all about Oahu’s landmarks from your local guide
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Start your trip with pickup from your Waikiki hotel in the morning, and head for Diamond Head a 350-acre (142-hectare) crater was left behind by a now-extinct volcano many millions of years ago. If time allows Stop at the Amelia Earhart Lookout to take in some great views of the surfers down on the beach below. The lookout is named for the iconic female aviator who completed the first successful solo flight from Honolulu to California in 1935.
Continue to Hanauma Bay, a marine nature reserve known for great snorkeling and for crystal-clear waters. From there, proceed to the Halona Blowhole, a rock formation on the coast that forces ocean swells through a narrow opening, creating impressive explosion-like sprays of water.
Drive next into the hills of Oahu heading to Nu’uanu Pali, an overlook offering panoramic vistas of both Kanehoe and Kailua Bay. Your next stop is at Byodo-In Temple, a re-creation of 950-year-old Buddhist Temple found in Uji, Japan. Wander among the complex’s intricate temple buildings and glistening nine-foot (tree meter) tall gold Buddha statue, all set among the beautiful foothills of the Ko’olau Mountains.
Proceed next toward Oahu’s North Shore, admiring scenic views of Mokoli’l Island (Chinaman’s Hat) and Kahana Bay as you drive. Stop in Waimea Valley surrounded by verdant greenery, a roundtrip tram ride to the waterfall at the top to swim (weather-permitting). Waimea Valley is brimming with history as Hawaiian kahuna or priests dwelled here because of the idyllic setting and bountiful land for agriculture. Cruise by the beaches of the North Shore, including Sunset Beach and Waimea Bay, known worldwide since the 1960s as the epicenter of big-wave surfing culture. The beach is sure to be chock-full of big-wave riders during the winter months, when strong swells hit this stretch of coast.
Turn away from the coast back to Oahu’s interior, heading to the Dole Plantation that lies at its center. Make a short stop to check out the plantation’s brilliant-green gardens and browse its gift shop. Finish the day with a drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact the tour provider at minimum of 7 days prior to the tour date for ADA and all special requests.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 52 travellers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Reviews by Viator travellers. We perform checks on reviews