Explore our promoted experiences
- One-way sightseeing cruise between Perth and Fremantle
- Admire views of the Perth skyline and picturesque riverfront
- Listen to live commentary about the sights
- Select your departure location and time when booking
Departure & Return
Departure Point for 9:30am, 11:15am and 2:15pm PERTH DEPARTURE: Pier 3 Barrack Street Jetty, Perth WA 6000
Departure point for 11:00am, 12:45pm and 3:45pm FREMANTLE DEPARTURE: B Shed, Peter Hughes Drive, Fremantle WA, Australia
Ending point for 11:00am, 12:45pm and 3:45pm departures from Fremantle: Pier 3, Barrack St Jetty Perth 6000
Ending Point for 9:30am, 11:15am and 2:15pm departure from Perth: B Shed, Peter Hughes Dr, Fremantle WA 6160, Australia
What To Expect
Travel in either direction between Perth and Fremantle, a historical port city located at the mouth of the Swan River, where it meets the Indian Ocean. Drinks can be purchased from the onboard bar.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Minimum age for alcohol consumption is 18 years
- Most travellers can participate
- Please note, accessibility is limited on vessels. For more information, please contact our friendly Reservations Team on (08) 9325 3341.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
- OPERATED BY Captain Cook Cruises (WA)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Refreshments were available for purchase and the overall experience was perfect." See review
Reviews by Viator travellers. We perform checks on reviews