Explore our promoted experiences
- Admission to the animal sanctuary at Diamante Eco Adventure Park in Guanacaste
- See a diverse collection of animals rescued by the Costa Rican Ministry of Wildlife
- Learn about the park's conservation and rehabilitation efforts
- See monkeys, sloths, and jungle cats in naturally designed habitats
- Observe scaly species like snakes, frogs, and enormous crocodiles
- Support the protection and rehabilitation of Costa Rica's amazing wildlife
Departure & Return
Diamante’s Animal Sanctuary is one of the finest wildlife education centers in Costa Rica. Lush gardens surround the shaded walking trails and offer guests the opportunity to explore the rich biodiversity of Costa Rica. Diamante is home to a large variety of Costa Rican animals that are in need. Some of the animals in our care have been born in other wildlife management programs for scientific and educational purposes; others are rescued and placed in our management by the authorities of Costa Rica. These animals are not fit for life in the natural environment and are cared for by a large team of qualified and dedicated professionals. Our Animal sanctuary in Costa Rica is known for its world-class habitat designs that address the needs of each species. The unique design of the habitats allows guests to view and learn about key aspects of biology, ecology and natural history of the animals. Diamante’s bilingual team is known for excellent customer service and focus on education and raising awareness among visitors and locals about the importance of respect and the protection of wildlife. Diamante works directly with a body of professionals in biology and veterinary medicine and with technical and legal supervision by officials of the SINAC, which is the government entity in charge of the country’s wildlife. If you’ve ever wanted to visit a sloth sanctuary, or view exotic animals up close, you can’t miss a visit to our incredible Costa Rica wildlife sanctuary!
|Monday - Sunday:||08:30 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Monday:||08:30 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:30 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Thursday:||08:30 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Friday:||08:30 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Saturday:||08:30 AM - 04:30 PM|
|Sunday:||08:30 AM - 04:30 PM|
What To Expect
At your leisure, explore the diverse animal habitats of the park, all designed to provide a natural habitat while allowing guests to observe and learn about these amazing creatures. See the wildly popular two- and three-toed sloths, watch monkeys swinging about in a spacious enclosure, and admire the power and beauty of jungle cats like pumas and jaguars.
Take a look at Costa Rica’s cold-blooded critters at a reptile exhibit featuring more than 30 species of lizards, frogs, geckos, and snakes — even poisonous varieties! Marvel at the power of the spectacular Crocodiles acutus, which can grow up to 16 feet (5 meters) long.
Watch Costa Rica's winged wonders at the hummingbird garden and world-class butterfly conservatory, featuring more than 6,000 square feet (1,830 square meters) and hundreds of delicate species. Finally, go bird watching without the binoculars and spot colorful, exotic birds like scarlet macaws, toucans, tanagers, and grosbeaks flying freely around the bird sanctuary.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- OPERATED BY Diamante Eco Adventure Park
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "While you are there, don't forget to do the Superman Zipline, It is 80 stories high, and 1.4 kilometers long, taking between 45 seconds to 1 minute and a half from Point A to Point B." See review