Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn the true stories behind Sydney’s convict past
- Historian guide leads 2-hour walking tour
- Entrance to historic buildings included
- Local guide answers questions and shares insider tips
Departure & Return
This tour meets in front of CUSTOMS HOUSE (31 Alfred Street Circular Quay). Your guide will be located outside the building on right hand-side if facing the entrance. Your guide will have a white tour folder that says CONVICT HISTORY TOUR and a navy blue Journey Walks shirt.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We continue our tours in all weather conditions so please dress accordingly. Umbrella's are a good idea if wet weather seems likely.
- Due to the layout of The Rocks, some stairs are unavoidable at certain points along the way, but majority of the route follows flat terrain.
- Anyone requiring special assistance is kindly asked to make contact with your local operator in advance.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are advised that this tour may include the names and images of people who are now deceased.
- Your guide is a native English speaker and will carry tour folder with A3 size images to help illustrate the area's past
- Groups are kept small (10 person maximum) and we encourage questions and interaction.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- Your guide will ensure that Covid-safe social distancing measures and a contact free policy is in place throughout the tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- OPERATED BY Journey Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Don't miss this most interesting tour and schedule it early in your visit as it ties into everything else you'll see and learn, Best of luck Max with your PhD studies in History!" See review
- "I have bad feet but I found there were enough stops to relax and listen, so I was able to manage this tour just fine." See review
- "I would highly recommended taking the walking tour to learn about the history of Sydney and Australia." See review
Reviews by Viator travellers. We perform checks on reviews