Explore our promoted experiences
- Combined tour of Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius from Naples
- Guided tour of Pompeii: the Forum, Thermal Baths, Vetti's House, and Lupanare
- Pizza lunch with drink included
- Hike to the summit of Vesuvius and peer into the crater
- Panoramic views of the beautiful Bay of Naples
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
- Admission tickets to both attractions are included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Upon arriving, embark on a guided tour through the impressive archaeological site, with stops at Vetti’s House, the Thermal Baths, the Lupanare brothel, and the Forum, each buried by volcanic ash during Mt. Vesuvius’ eruption in AD 79. As you go, hear the history of each site, as well as the full story behind the fateful day almost 2,000 years ago when the prosperous city was destroyed.
Afterward, relax with a complimentary pizza lunch, accompanied by a drink. Refueled, hop aboard your coach to Mt. Vesuvius for a climb to the summit with your guide. Soak up panoramic views of the Bay of Naples from the top, and walk around the crater at 3,900 feet (1,200 meters). Don’t be surprised if you see plumes of steam issuing from the sleeping volcano as you peer down into its depths.
Your day trip concludes with transportation back to your original departure point.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for climbing Mt. Vesuvius
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Transport is by coach: group sizes of up to 50 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that for the Mt Vesuvius part of the tour, among the 4 languages available, only the English language is always guaranteed
- In case Mt. Vesuvius National Park is closed due to bad weather conditions and/or other circumstances beyond our control, you will be refunded the entrance tickets to the National Park
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Project Napoli Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This tour needs to start at least an hour earlier than it did." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews